Google has been changing things again…
Using Google Contacts in Gmail
- Clicking on the plus sign in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen
- Hovering your cursor over a sender's name while you're in your Gmail inbox then selecting “Add to contacts”
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down to Keyboard shortcuts and turn it on
- Scroll to the bottom and click on “Save changes”
Managing your Google contacts on your phone
Google contacts work pretty well on Android-powered devices. But when it comes to iPhones, you need to make a few changes.
To sync your Google Contacts to your iPhone:
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down to Accounts and Passwords
- Make sure you've enabled your Google account on your iPhone
- When your Google account is enabled, go back to Settings and scroll down to Contacts
- In Contacts, choose Google as your default account
Now when you save a contact on your phone, you'll be able to see all your Google contacts.
Is Google Contacts worth it?
While Google Contacts isn't particularly hard to use, the experience isn't as seamless as the other Google apps.
However, if you actively use your Google account, managing your contacts through it can help you streamline your process.
I know that for me, it's something I'm going to keep using– at least for now.
What about you? What do you think about Google Contacts? How do you manage your contacts? Let me know in the comments below!
Have fun storming the castle!
Every week we break big, complex processes like building your email list and growing a successful YouTube channel into small, actionable steps you can put into practice straight away.
Webinars not your thing? Head over to our YouTube channel and watch the latest videos.
THE DOTTO TECH TOOLKIT
Swipe my toolkit and start building your own
Congratulations! You will now be redirected to the Toolkit page.