Scheduling appointments is insanely frustrating. It's even worse when you are trying to arrange a meeting with several people. Syncing your schedules and finding that magical moment when everyone is free simply takes too much time. Appointment scheduling software can transform this unpleasant task into something easy and (dare I say it) almost fun. With so many different options on the market, there's something out for everyone. In this post, we are going to take an in-depth look at one of my favorite appointment scheduling apps– Book Like A Boss. It's perfect for entrepreneurs, coaches, consultants, tutors, course-creators, marketers, and entrepreneurs. And because we are all about options, we are going to look at some alternatives as well. ( You can jump straight to our list of alternative appointment scheduling software if you want.) But first things first…
What does a good scheduling app look like?An effective scheduling app's got to have to have certain key features.
- Easy to use and set up: You app should integrate with your favorite calendar and be easy to use– both for you and for anyone booking an appointment with you.
- Customizable: A great app needs a certain level of customization so you can add branding and make it your own.
- Easy integration with other systems: You want an app that plays well with the rest of your software so you don't have to app-jump. This means it's got to either have native integrations with your tools or work with Zapier.
- Affordable: Your scheduling appointment software needs to fit your needs and your budget.
Book Like A BossBook Like A Boss is designed to help you schedule appointments for your services and manage your business. It's perfect for social media marketers, entrepreneurs, coaches, and consultants.
Getting startedGetting started is easy. Head over to Book Like A Boss and hit the Sign Up For Free button in the top right-hand corner. Fill in your details. First, you need to name for your page– you can go with your own name, your team’s name or your business’s name. BLAB has four tiers.
- Free Boss: Perfect for starting out. You get access to all the basic appointment features as well as Google Analytics, FB Pixel tracking, and unlimited appointments.
- Basic Boss: For $9 USD a month ( $90 USD a year) you get ticket support, multiple calendar integrations and you can embed forms on your site.
- Small Boss: For $19 USD a month ( $190 USD a year) you get priority ticket support, you can list your products and services, and use Stripe and PayPal to collect payments.
- Big Boss: For $29 USD a month ($290 a year) you get zero BLAB branding on your page, a custom footer, custom domain names, SMS reminders, and more.
Inside Book Like A BossYour dashboard is where all the magic happens. From here you can:
- Add your profile details: Tell people who you are and what you do. You can also add contact info, a link to your site and your working hours.
- Add profile photos: Change your cover and profile photos to something on brand.
- Customize the look: You can change the text, font, and colors to create your own unique look.
- Add testimonials: Add some social proof to your page by adding testimonials from past clients.
- Create a FAQs section: This is a great way to address common queries right off the bat and cut down on emails.
- Set up your integrations: Integrate BLAB with Google Analytics, the Facebook Pixel, Zoom and other apps.
Beyond Book Like A BossOf course, there are plenty of other software options out there to explore if BLAB doesn't look like the one for you. Let's take a quick look at some of the other options.
1. CalendlyIf you are looking for a minimalist looking scheduling software that packs a punch, Calendly could be it. It integrates with the Google Calendar, Office 365, Outlook and iCloud and comes in three tiers.
- Basic: The free version gives you plenty of resources to help you get started. You can schedule unlimited meetings, automate event notifications, and create a personalized Calendly link to send out to potential clients.
- Premium: For $10 USD per month (or $96 USD per year) you get access to a lot more features including unlimited event types, customizable notifications, and pooling all your team's calendar info so you can book appointments with multiple people based on availability.
- Pro: For $15 USD per month ($144 USD per year) you get it all: Stripe and PayPal integrations, a Salesforce integration, premium email support and much more.