Video Made Easy with InVideo
InVideo is a powerful video editor that enables you to create professional-looking videos in just minutes.
Discover how you can get all your video creation needs from one simple platform. You don’t need any advanced skills to use InVideo. Beginners will find they can get their videos out in no time. Use that extra time you’ll have to make more videos and grow your business. See what InVideo can do for you!
InVideo Demo Only
InVideo Live Product Showcase + Demo
The Ultimate Guide to InVideo Video Editing Tools
- So Liz, we've evaluated a lot of these different video tools. Why is InVideo risen to the top of the heap for us?
- I think because of the simplicity of how, you know, it's being used, it's also got like loads of stock in the libraries, you know, the video clips, the images. And it's also just, it has some of the features that you expect in something like Premier Pro or After Effects. It's all built in there for like a simple web tool. I'm quite impressed that.
- For creating things like the transitions and the flow. So basically.
- So basically, I don't need you anymore. I can just do this all myself.
- Okay, take me, show me. Take me into the product itself, because I must have looked at dozens of these different tools. And I like their interface. But I wanna see how but I don't do the work anymore. You do it, so show me how we do. How you create content.
- All right, so this is the screen you see, as soon as you log in.
- And you have like three options. And the first option is you can convert an article to video. And you can also use their Pre- Made- Templates. They have so many.
- Okay just gonna say stop a second.
- By converting an article the video, you're taking a blog post and converting it.
- Yes, yeah.
- Or you could take a script, or you could take an article from somewhere else. It doesn't have to be your blog post.
- So the key there, the key thing to understand is the reason that they start us here is they want people to have success really quickly. I mean, that's one of the things I had a quick chat with their founder. And that's one of their goals and objectives is they realize that they've gotta a very limited amount of time to get people embracing the product. And so you have to have success really early on.
- when we started this, we actually evaluated a whole bunch of video creators that you see out today. And of course, one side of the spectrum is the complex software's like Adobe After Effects or Apple FCPX.
- And it would see like a whole bunch of simple web based video creators which would let you make those slideshow kind of text overlay videos. None of these were really solving the right problem or helping you make a good professional video. So that was there always and that is exactly what ended your songs. We've got the right balance between the flexibility and the ease of use. So you don't really need the complex learning curve of an Adobe After Effects. But you can really get good professional quality output videos.
- It's kind of built to suit anybody at any level, which is why like beginners are really great, you know, business owners, entrepreneur. Even agencies I know a lot of agencies using the tool to create videos for their clients. And as you can see here at the bottom here, it says I am a Pro-Video editor. So you could start from scratch, you could start from a blank canvas.
- So it's not necessarily just a beginners tool. If you were an advanced video editor like myself, you could just start from scratch. and still feel comfortable using it just like you would Premier Pro probably save you a lot more time. Because they've got a lot of materials there that you don't have to create from scratch.
- So take me into the templates, through the templates. Because I think that's where most people are gonna enter. And I think once you understand the workflow then you can probably be creating the scripts or going through the expert level. But most of our people that are on the live stream with us now they're gonna wanna come in through this. So this gives us an idea of the kind of social media assets that we can create uses a background for a video to share. So I see lots there that are gonna be suitable for Instagram and for Twitter. Probably not so much YouTube but certainly the feed based sharing platforms, right.
- Yeah, I think like for YouTube, you can as well because they have a category if you look on the left here, which I really love, they have curated templates. And you have things like you know, if you just wanna do a Logo Intro, or you wanna just do like a longer intro this is great for YouTube. Actually I think this is a very powerful tool for YouTubers as well.
- That opened my eyes to some okay, so let's take a look at creating a social post that would use an Instagram or Facebook. And one of the powerful features one thing that we should point out is when you create an asset in this even though you're creating a format for Instagram, they've got an export function that will automatically converted it into a Facebook friendly format or a square format. Whatever other formats you want, correct.
- Yes, So in that case say if you're creating one video and you start first for say YouTube, and what you do at the end of the project is duplicate that project and then just change the dimensions and then export that.
- And it automatically configures everything to fit.
- But obviously with any tool, I'd say always preview it first. Make sure everything is okay. You could reject things, but pretty much it's like Canva.
- If you know Canva right.
- It's got a very Canva feel yeah.
- It's very much a Canva feel but like a video.
- Click on something Liz, click on something.
- All right. Yeah, there you go. Here's like the minute you click it. I'll show you a preview,
- Of the video, and then you could choose what size you want. So this is the very cool thing, isn't it? Even before you create it, you could see what it's gonna look like.
- Oh, that's nice.
- Yeah, so let's say we start with this one. We'll just go in.
- So let me ask you quickly about the licensing, there was a video running in the background that's royalty free, that's included with your subscription.
- Yes, that's all included with the subscription. And you could even change it up, say, if you wanted a different clip, you just go search here. And what I love about this is literally just drag and drop. And then they ask you what you wanna do with it. So you wanna replace add behind added layer. In this case, I'll just replace it. But in many cases like for this is when I say that it has the advanced tools where you can add things that in layers, you know, like Photoshop.
- And Premiere Pro. And that's a really advanced thing to have.
- And I saw an editing timeline in the bottom there. So it is very much a classic video. Now one of the things that just before you. So obviously all of these different elements we can go in and we can edit, we can modify the content. People should recognize that and you know, that's what we should expect. But it seems pretty snappy Liz.
- What do you mean by snappy?
- I mean, it's typically speaking, when you use a lot of these web tools, they're really laggy. There, you know, you drags.
- Ooh yeah.
- And it takes a long time for it to resolve. And it can be frustrating being in the creative process when the tool works slower than your brain.
- Absolutely and that was like the case for a lot of video editing tools out there, like the web based ones. For a very long time. I mean, this is a new thing. It's been around for four or five years or so now, there's a lot of web tools. But the constraint was always that because it's on the web is always very slow is laggy. You know, and then the export takes ages. But within video, what I noticed is, like you said, it's very snappy, and even when you're exporting is really quick.
- And I've compared with a few services, I have to say that, you know, I've been at them for a few months now, it only gets better and better. So that means there must be listening to feedback of people and then you know, improving the service every time.
- We are like I mentioned earlier that we want to democratize video production. That means we want anyone and everyone to create a video. So the core goal has always been are how we can make it very simple for them. So once you get in, you will always find a whole bunch of templates, which would be a good starting point or an inspiration. So as a layman, you may not have the creative background or something that you need to build from scratch, you always have an inspiration that you can start from. And then of course, you can build over it.
- Quickly show me how we change the text and how you transition from one piece of text to another. We won't spend too much time in the editing, but I kinda wanna get a feel for how it packages together.
- Yes, so for whenever you wanna change anything, you just point at it, and then you change the text here or you can even change the text here. So let's say that and then you change. Yeah, that up front is gone. And then, and then you could change you go back to the right hand side is basically where you do most of the edits. You could change the fonts, you could change the color the size. You could even change the animation as it comes in.
- You could change per letter, or you could change the animation per the whole text box. So, and you know, I just wanna point out with something that's very cool, you could also change up the colors to match your brand. So on the top right here, this is where you put in your custom brand colors.
- Are every element on it editable. What's the process if you're uploading your own photo or video for the background, so you're not using their templates, but you're incorporating your own content?
- Good question. So if you wanna upload you just go to the left hand side here. And then as you can see, I've uploaded a few of your clips. Okay
- And Logo, you just click there and then you have a file limit up to 800 megabytes and they just click there.
- Ooh nice.
- And up as if its normal .
- So you can quickly add our logo to that one that you're creating right there.
- Oh, yeah.
- Just by drag and drop.
- Just drag and drop.
- Yeah, yeah.
- That's sweet.
- Very okay.
- And also just to mention, this is very light if you upgrade to the business sort of package, you get team uploads. So say if you have several people using the account, you could see what other people are uploading and then use that as like, you know, your company resource. And you don't have to keep emailing people or drop boxing and people asking them to send your assets, your media assets.
- Okay, so we've been talking about the different layers that we have and the access we have to changing fonts, colors, etc. Now take me almost from scene to scene or slide to slide. If we have another piece of text that that text converts into as we're telling the story. What does it look like as we transition to the next scene?
- So usually what you do is put everything you can preview it and you can see roughly what is coming up in that particular scene.
- So once you're happy with it, usually you wanna determine what the transition is to the next slide. And that's where this little button here comes in, in between scenes.
- And just click that and you have so many choices for transitions. I mean, I don't know. I mean, I use Premiere Pro right as ... For most of my other stuff and I usually have to bring in that transition effect one by one. Do you know I mean?
- Like, I have to either buy it off Envato something that's not really easily built in. So like this, you just click it, and that is there. And these are powerful transitions. They're pretty good. And usually you have only have four or five on a video editor like a web app, but this one, just look there's so many. They're adding all the time.
- And it looks like it's very beginner friendly like you're not making a lot of decisions, about the transition overlaps and how long a transition last. You can probably get in to do that. But the presets are probably just really good basic editing.
- Yep, absolutely. But talking about like, basic and advanced, right that I wanna show you one advanced feature that I really wanna highlight here. Which is, you know, when you think about templates, you think you're restricted. But here, if you look on the right hand side, you can actually control how quick this video runs. And that's actually like quite advanced for a web app tool that uses templates. And I think that's really great. And you could crop things you could you know, you could do all sorts of things just within this one scene here.
- The other El element into video is we've got we've dealt with text getting graphics in stock video background, importing your own video background. But the big challenge for many creators is music. And music is the one that's dense a bitting in the ass is most often too.
- Because you end up getting flagged for not having a license for the music. So how do they deal with music?
- Yeah, so they actually have a library of music as well. So if you look on the left hand side here, you can see you could choose, there's different categories. So you just choose based on what the mood of the video is, and you can preview it. You know how sometimes some videos you wanna talk over it. So you want the background music not to be too loud.
- So you can hear. So you can control that.
- Again, it looks like it's got a lot of the power that we have in our typical video editor. But the number of controls and the number of decisions we make is dramatically reduced. You don't have to go in and set levels like in an equalizer. You've just got a couple of sliders to set the background music this loud the foreground music this loud, make it work.
- Exactly and it's just I think the collection of this is also growing all the time.
- Now you're a video professional does this scare you? It's gonna put you out of business.
- Not real I mean a little bit but I think like I can use it to my advantage as well. Because sometimes like you know, as well as I do that we pump out content like there's no tomorrow. And we need to get things done quick and sometimes we just need to like have a quick turn around. And tools like this can really help me. Like if you say you want something done you know within an hour I can do it you know.
- Don't tell me this is bad off this is on video now.
- I know I shouldn't have said that. But like it's true. It's true even for professionals. To do a high level professional video takes time. If you're doing it like you know with tools the After Effects of Prima Pro. It takes time. So having a tool like this all done for you, so you don't have to think about it.
- And that, to me is when we kinda boiled down why we've decided to talk about this product is is the bottom line. I think that content is still King.
- But in a really noisy social media space universe, your content has to look good. It doesn't have to be broadcast caliber in order to work well, but it has to be good. And this makes it good. You can't do in this what you do in After Effects. I mean, at the end of the day, you're not gonna be what you don't want to because you don't wanna have to make that many decisions. You don't wanna spend that much time crafting each and every frame. But you wanna be able to tell a story and this tool looks to me like it takes it allows you to take the story that you wanna tell converted into video and then export it with the least amount of time and the least amount of effort. But the most amount of Polish at the end.
- Yeah, you just said it just perfectly. Because you and I both know that nowadays people tend to have me fear the tool, right. And if that's fear taken away, and they could just focus on the message and the content, then their marketing would be so much better. It doesn't matter what format is video or blogging or audio, right. But if they could just think, have more time to think about the message that they're putting out there, rather than fiddling with tools.
- Then they'd have a better marketing for their business.
- You know, this is a very busy space. And one of the things that kind of excites me or impressed me is in the latest reviews that we've been seeing in this space InVideo has been really performing really well.
- I'm not that surprised but I'm really impressed they recently got a highest scores in the G2 Crowd report. Which is like you know, one of those Consumer Reports and they scored higher than Adobe, Filmora and Animoto. And a lot of categories and I thought wao. Mind you they've only been around for about three years.
- You know, what I see here is I see that they've taken some of the best things from it, especially from a tool like Canva. As we said, right at the beginning, we've seen the Canva, we see a very Canva like approach. And so I think that they've benefited from being a little bit of a late comer to the marketplace. That they've seen the pain points that the other video creation tools have as far as user interface goes. And where people fall up or have challenges and they've managed to design it from the beginning with a friendlier user interface.
- Yeah, absolutely. And also, you know, one thing that I really love about this, like the other day I was having some issues well, not a big issue. I just wanted to get to their tutorials. And so I just click this button over here for their support. And it was a Sunday as well I remember, and I literally like within seconds I got somebody talking back to me. And is not like an Autobot it's the actual person.
- That is so huge because when you're in the creative moment and you wanna do something you want the answer now when you're doing thing. Creating videos not like writing it's a creative process that you want instant results. And when you're in the moment, and you're inspired, you wanna be able to do what you're doing.
- Exactly right.
- And is when your mind is kind of like in a bit of fried zone.
- Can it be. And you just need that like a little bit an holding.
- How do I do this?
- So let's go to the end. Let's go to the end game. We finished a video.
- Show me the export functions, because it's all about where and how we use it. So show me that.
- All right. So as soon as you say you're happy with everything, all you need to do is click this button up up here, preview and export.
- Mm hmm.
- So they let you preview it before you decide to export. Let's say we're happy with it. Am gonna click Export video. And then it comes here and you wait for it to be processed. In the meantime, you could maybe edit the name of the project or you know, do whatever it is that you want . But it won't be long but after that, say for instance, this is another video created a day. Once it's done you just click download.
- Or you could share directly to your social media platform.
- Now you said if this we created we created vertical format now if we wanted to real put this particular video to horizontal format say to post into Twitter. What's the process that happens then?
- All right, so say first we have to duplicate it.
- And then we just choose which format we want here.
- So let's, pretend we duplicate it and let's just change the format and let's see what happens with it.
- All right.
- So you might have to, you know, to reject things around as usual. Any tool is like this.
- Mm hmm.
- Even Canva but it's pretty much okay I think.
- But you just go through the text boxes . Too small and stuff like that. But you just go through and you edit. So you preview it, you view it again and then you make some minor adjustments. But it's doing all the heavy lifting.
- Exactly, yep.
- Okay. And training curve if I was to say, if you have a regular person who's used to using, you know, a simple tool like a Canva, or some of the social media creation tools, like some of the iPhone tools that we've got. How long do you think it will take them before they from the time they create their account till they can export their first video that they actually feel kind of proud of?
- Oh my god, I say five minutes.
- Shut up. No, it's gonna be longer than that. You got to do longer than five minutes.
- Well, considering you have all your materials all you have to I mean, really to brand video, all you need to do is to make sure that they're, you know, of course, the text, the color, and then the media and then that's it. Because if you're using a template and you know that the template fits your needs. That's pretty much all you need.
So how’s it been?
We’re a team of three. (let's not call us musketeers)
What you should know about us is that we’re fixers. We love to solve problems. We bond over it. We cheers our beer over it.
And that’s how we created MassBlurb. A company that helps small restaurants to maintain an online presence.
After that we converted self help books into video summaries. Know what we realised during the process? The difficulty of technicalities that take away the joy of creating something new and exploring your own ideas.
So we wanted to fix that too.
And we did.
A creative video editing platform that helps you create professional looking videos in no time.
By you, we mean boxers, entrepreneurs, chefs, anchors, sailors.
By that, we mean everyone. Every. One.
No matter who you are and where you come from and what your skill set is.
You’re creating masterpieces here! Try us out at invideo.io – we look forward to your feedback : )
THE DOTTO TECH TOOLKIT
Swipe my toolkit and start building your own
PERKS & BENEFITS?
OUR PATREON COMMUNITY RECEIVES DISCOUNTS TO OUR ONLINE COURSES & EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO OUR CONTENT.
WE'D LOVE FOR YOU TO BE PART OF OUR COMMUNITY!