In this week’s Grey Matters, Sean Cannell talks about what affiliate marketing is, the Amazon Associates Program, online income, and more.
Affiliate Marketing is a Strategic Way to Earn Money Online
[0:00] – Introducing this episode of the Grey Matters podcast: the Amazon Associate Program with Sean Cannell.
- Amazon is such a great way to get started, but there are also affiliate programs for almost anything.
- Affiliate marketing has pretty far-reaching implications for anybody that wants to start generating some extra income online, and being able to then scale that over time.
[7:36] – How Sean’s content journey started.
[9:32] – Effective discovery engines for affiliate marketing strategies.
- There are three that are extremely powerful discovery engines: YouTube, blogging, and podcasting.
- There are multiple ways podcasters give verbal calls to action.
[12:27] – Podcast sponsorship through affiliate links.
- Make show notes.
- If you build any influence on social media, you're building on rented land.
[14:04] – On Amazon sales and creating a sense of urgency with followers.
[17:00] – Diving into YouTube.
- There are a few things to be very aware of when it comes to affiliate marketing, especially as time evolves.
- In the US, the Federal Trade Commission has regulations on marketing.
- One of the biggest places in affiliate marketing is in the UK right now, and it's being cracked down on even more.
- Number one: You do want to have a disclaimer. This is true about any material. Declare any material relationship you have with a brand.
- If you have a site on WordPress a similar platform, you could use a redirection tool and redirect to any page. That's a great way to optimize your affiliate marketing,
[21:38] – Appreciating the system.
[20:56] – Walking through the coaching process.
[28:49] – Does it ever become overwhelming?
- Complexity is the enemy of execution. Simplicity is your greatest tool for really accomplishing and making progress.
- Just breathe a little, and do your best. Some things are going to slip through the cracks, but remember that done is better than perfect.
[31:09] – Recommending certain products and protecting your reputation.
- If you're in any kind of season of desperation, it clouds your judgment.
- Slow and steady wins, and a good name is more valuable than great wealth.
- In the long term, people understand that you're going to tell them the truth. And maybe what we're afraid of is in the short term, when someone hears a hint of inauthenticity, that might turn people away.
- People spend money to get ahead, make decisions easier, and get things done faster.
- Figure out a way to just simply deliver value to the end user: That's the currency of succeeding online.
[37:55] – Realizing that the affiliate marketing path really delivers results.
- YouTube plus affiliate marketing can offer a path to financial freedom.
[44:18] – Getting forced “off the cliff” by unexpected challenges.
- Social media, the internet, and online marketing present the opportunity to create businesses and streams of income on your own terms around your passion. This is the time to learn these skills: Go all in, study, practice, and pace yourself.
- Set targets. Step number one: What is the minimum amount I need to live in? Step number two: When can I get to that amount online? Step number three: Taking the leap.
- Webinar Wednesday
- [email protected]
- Video Influencers
- Think Media
- Amazon Associates Program
- Heather Torres Homeschooling YouTube Channel