Video is an amazing asset for intimate communications. On #GreyMatters, I talk about the best video editor app I’ve used for emails.
Best Video Editor App for Email Messages
[0:00] – Introducing this episode of the Grey Matters podcast: Small ball video recording.
- We tend to think of video in a rather grand sense; we look at it as a mass distribution medium, as it is the most effective communication platform we have.
- We don't typically look at video as a peer to peer or one to one communication platform. It’s worth noting, though, that through things like video conferencing and other necessary means of pandemic-era communication, the potential for video in more intimate relationship-building between businesses and customers is increasingly becoming apparent.
[5:58] – The value of technology and tools in communication in the modern age.
- Small ball video is, in essence, taking advantage of the technology and the tools that we have in place — our smartphones, webcams on our computers and notebooks, decent-quality microphones, and other communication devices — to craft engaging messages.
[8:02] – Email marketing, video marketing, and combining the two for a deeper level of interpersonal communication.
- Email remains our primary communication platform: It's the one that we own, it's the one that we use the most, and it’s still the most valuable tool in our arsenal. However, the nature of the medium tends to leave recipients wondering at times whether they talked to an actual human being or just received an automated response.
- Meanwhile, we use video so often without realizing the intimate nature of the conversations we’re having.
- Thus, blending these two — video marketing and email marketing — can give you the best of both worlds.
- Enter Bonjoro, an app that runs on your smartphone that allows you to quickly create personal emails in the form of video messages, which you can send to your desired recipient.
- This video email app is definitely a marketing app, and it also has a few competitors. These apps work very much like our email autoresponders work, and they are designed to nurture relationships for customers, and to bring people along through the sales funnel.
- For people who are more effective video communicators than written communicators, having the option to create a video email message is a time-saver and a productivity boost in one.
- The challenge in using apps like Bonjoro, however, is that some email services aren’t keen on delivering messages with videos embedded in them (though they’ll gladly send emails with links to your videos).
- Videos created through this process are typically cheap, quick, dirty records where you hit the Record button, disregard any mistakes that you make, and send them. These videos are never going to be shared with the public and never going to be broadcast on video-sharing platforms, but they still have incredible value.
[19:24] – The hot topic of Wall Street, Gamestop, Robinhood, and Reddit.
- The ultimate truth in this particular narrative: at the end of the day, companies are worth what companies are worth. And while the big institutions are unlikely to sustain any long-term damage from these events, small, individual investors most certainly will get burned.
[29:02] – The pressures of the community, and the repercussions we don’t immediately think of.
- think about all the ways we use it.
- News and information