“Make money online,” they said. “It'll be easy!” they said. Sure, but to make money online you need to know how to handle money online. Listen in to this episode of the Grey Matters podcast to learn what you need to manage online transactions for your business!
Think about the last time you wrote or received a check. Even depositing a check these days can be done by taking pictures with your smartphone and conducting the transaction online with your bank. Things today are far different from how they used to be, and while the traditional methods of sending and receiving payments do still work, online payment methods work better. Faster. More conveniently.
If only someone would take the time to walk you through the options… but wait! Steve does just that in this episode of Grey Matters. Pop in your earbuds to learn more about options like PayPal, Stripe, and Square, plus Steve's favorite discovery for online and international banking, Wise and his preferred shopping cart, Thrivecart. From exchange rates to actual pocket change, you'll get what you need to start managing online transactions for your business instead of them managing you.
Also, don't forget to check out Steve's demo of Wise (previously known as Transferwise) here.
Links from this Episode
Steve's News Stories for the week:
- Growth of Crypto and the changing nature of cash
- Discord moves in on audio features to compete with Clubhouse
Rachel's News Stories for the week:
- Facebook 2019 data breach drops 533 million people's data in 2021
- Amazon working on Sidewalk, a crowdsourcing way to connect Echo and Ring devices in private residences
Our other things:
- Weekly live, free tutorials – Webinar Wednesday
- Weekly live, paid business tutorials – Foundational Fridays (Business Building Blocks)
- Grey Zone on Facebook a place for Baby Boomers and GenX to meet, share and learn about online business
- Grey Matters is made possible through your generous support! Please become a Patron of Grey Matters!
All our other links worth visiting!
- Join us for Webinar Wednesday, every week!: http://members.dottotech.com/webinar-wednesday-registration-page/
- Hire Steve as a Speaker: https://dottotech.com/speaker/
- We have Merch! https://teespring.com/stores/dotto-tech
- What We Use, Steve’s Toolkit: http://bit.ly/2JWqrBM
Our Amazon Store: httphttps://www.amazon.com/shop/dottotech?ref=ac_inf_hm_vp
Steve Dotto – Host
Canada's favourite geek.
For over 20 years, as host and executive producer of Dotto Tech, a nationally syndicated TV show, Steve entertained and educated millions of Canadians on all aspects of technology.
After spending 20 years in traditional broadcasting Steve reinvented himself learning the world of social media, online community building and Internet Marketing as he built his YouTube channel into his new career.
His passion is teaching Baby Boomers and GenX how to remain relevant in the digital age, how we can reinvent ourselves and grow side hustles into successful online businesses.
Steve has a gift for making complex concepts easy to understand. Steve takes the world of technology and makes it relevant in your life.
Rachel Moore – Producer
From stage to studio, Rachel has honed her skills as an entertainer, producer, and marketer throughout her 20+ year career. As technology and communication has evolved, so she has carried her skills in writing, graphic design, and production forward into digital marketing, livestreaming, and podcasting.
In addition to working as a fulltime content marketer, Rachel hosts her own livestream show Social Glue, publishes helpful how-to videos to her YouTube channel, and produces entertaining and insightful podcasts for Really Social as well as Grey Matters.
Bottom line: if there’s a camera, microphone, and/or stage involved, Rachel can carry the message in a memorable way.