- Leaving a comment on Youtube
- Posting to our Facebook page!
- Tweeting me at @DottoTech with the hashtag #ADT
Apps that hijack your browserSometimes, weird things happen to your browser for no apparent reason and this is exactly what Michelle has been dealing with. I have always used Safari as my browser and have not changed it. However, now when I search it is using Yahoo instead of Safari to search. Why? Is the cause innocent (and irritating) or is it a sign that something nefarious is going on? It’s time to diagnose the problem.
Step OneIf this is something you are dealing with, open up your browser, go to Settings and head over to Search.
Step TwoGo over to General and check your startup page settings.
Step 3If the problem persists, go to Extensions and switch them all off.
- Remove Software that affects Chrome.
- Popups, redirects, and other malware.
- How to remove Adware from Google Chrome.
- How to remove any browser redirect virus.
- Block popups and unwanted changed to Chrome settings.
- From the Google Help Forum
Sharing your LastPass informationStrong passwords are a must and LastPass helps you protect your data without remembering a bunch of complex, secure passwords. This week, Steve wanted to take its functionality one step further. If I install LastPass on my MacBook, does it sync with my iPhone or do I install it on that as well? And, can my wife and I share this somehow, say for our Amazon account. When you install LastPass, you install it in your browser. The data is partially stored on your local computer, and partially on the cloud. If you want to access your LastPass passwords on your smartphone, download the app and then log into your LastPass account. To share passwords, you need to adjust your password settings. Go to My Vault.
Wistia, Vimeo, and YoutubeWhen it comes to hosting videos online, you’ve got a lot of options! But, which one is the best for you?
- For easy sharing and accessibility, chose YouTube.
- For sharing and a good level of gating, try Vimeo.
- For full control over who sees your video, use Wistia.